Compliance Assurance Program
Alberta's environmental legislation sets out clear rules and obligations for the protection, enhancement and wise use of the environment. Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development works with Albertans to ensure the quality of our environment is maintained, using an effective and efficient regulatory framework.
The Compliance Assurance Program has three areas of focus to ensure all Albertans continue to enjoy a clean and healthy environment: education, prevention and enforcement.
A big part of ensuring compliance is our ongoing inspection program.
ESRD also has a range of enforcement options to ensure compliance with our environmental regulations. These options include:
- 24 hour Environmental Hotline
- Backyard burning
- Compliance and enforcement tools
- Compliance Assurance Program
- Compliance Inspection Program
- Compliance Investigation Program
- Compulsory industry monitoring
- Domestic pesticides - retail vendor
- Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- Hazardous waste and recyclables
- Overview - reclamation program for upstream oil and gas
- Reporting spills and releases
- Storing hazardous waste and recyclables