SREM Aboriginal Affairs Branch (SAAB)
SAAB ensures Aboriginal consultation and engagement aligns with Government of Alberta priorities and adheres to the First Nations Consultation Policy of Land Management and Resource Development.
- Provide efficient and consistent Aboriginal relations and consultation functions in support of the SREM ministries of Energy and Environment and Sustainable Resource Development.
- Develop and maintain strong and lasting relationships with Aboriginal communities and organizations, industry, and other key stakeholders to serve as a single window for an integrated, streamlined, navigable and transparent engagement and consultation process.
- Work collaboratively to provide strategic consultation and engagement that balances the needs and competing interests of these diverse groups.
- Lead the development of integrated policies, procedures and knowledge management systems.
Policy and Strategic Relationships
- Coordinate development of policies and guidelines
- Support consistent application of First Nations consultation and engagement processes
Engagement and Consultation
- Coordinate effective and efficient Aboriginal consultation and engagement services
- Support business needs
- Manage an information management system to meet client planning and policy development and coordination needs
SREM Aboriginal Affairs Branch