Partners in Resource Excellence
Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development’s Partners in Resource Excellence program is all about government, industry, and Albertans working together to achieve standards above and beyond the mandatory minimum - we want to encourage innovation, shared stewardship and best-in-class achievements.
Partners in Resource Excellence encompasses several programs and partnerships, all of which work to improve environmental practices beyond regulatory requirements.
An introductory video about the program can be seen here.
Below are some of the programs Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development promotes under Partners in Resource Excellence:
- EnviroVista: a voluntary program that promotes environmental leadership and stewardship through through excellence in emissions performance and continuous improvement from facilities regulated under the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act.
- Evergreen Centre for Resource Excellence and Innovation: located in Grande Prairie, this centre is primarily used as a demonstration site for several innovative approaches to resource management.
- Innovative Pipeline Strategies: a collaborative effort between government, industry, and other stakeholders to improve traditional pipeline construction practices.
- Respect our Lakes: an education and awareness program that informs the public about lake and lakeshore stewardship in order to achieve superior lake management.
- Working Well: an educational program aimed at private landowners whose properties contain water wells. Working Well seeks to provide landowners with the information and tools they need to properly take care of their wells and associated groundwater supplies.
- Remediation Certificate Program: a voluntary program that provides an incentive to clean up contaminated sites by providing closure of regulatory liability against changing remediation standards.